Favourite Pokémon Per Generation: Generation Three - Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald

The third generation of Pokémon games came out in 2003 entitled Ruby & Sapphire with Emerald following later on, this generation introduced 135 new Pokémon and a new colour pallet making all Pokémon stand out with their colourful looks and sprites. As stated before, this generation and more specifically Pokémon Sapphire was my first Pokémon game (and if memory serves me correctly it was my first ever game) it holds a special place for me. This generation holds some of my favourite Pokémon and the top one here is my favourite Pokémon of all time, with that in mind let us start with the honourable mentions.

Honourable Mentions: Sceptile, Swampert, Shiftry, Breloom, Slaking, Ninjask, Shedinja, Hariyama, Aggron, Sharpedo, Flygon, Claydol, Milotic, Absol, Kyogre, Rayquaza

Number Six: Ludicolo
Coming in at number six is Ludicolo, while the design is good, and I loved it in Detective Pikachu my main love for the Pokémon doesn’t come from Ruby or Sapphire but Pokémon Colosseum. I’ll always attribute these guys to one of my favourite themes in that of Mirror B’s. Just seeing them dance to the beat of the theme was always fun to watch and with it being such a good song that and the Pokémon itself have always been linked in my head.

Number Five: Walrein
If I had done this list a year ago Walrein wouldn’t have made it my love for this Pokémon has come much later than most. Personally, I can’t grow good facial hair and it’s has led to my being called a Walrus (all in good fun). However, it made me look at Walrein as it is a Pokémon based of a Walrus in a more positive light since then as I wasn’t initially a fan. The ice break Pokémon has a basic design but this doesn’t take away from how nice it looks, not every Pokémon needs a complicated design, it fits the bill as a good representation of an animal I’ve become associated with and get my approval and a slot on this list.

Number Four: Gardevoir
Fourth I have Gardevoir. The choice here isn’t really for me using but more the story of the Pokémon with Wally through the games, helping catch a Ralts and as he slowly overcomes his illness up to the battle at victory road, while replaced with Gallade in the remakes (mainly just to show its mega evolution) this story remains one of my favourite rival stories and puts Gardevoir on this list.

Number Three: Salamence
The first two of generation three’s pseudo legendries on the list is Salamance. Known as the dragon Pokémon is certainly reflects this in its design reflecting an imposing dragon, while I found it an absolute pain to catch a Bagon when I did in Alpha Sapphire I saw what I missed the first time around, easily one of the most powerful Pokémon of its generation and has a great design to reflect it, easily in my top three for these games.

Number Two: Metagross
Speaking of pseudo legendary Pokémon next is Metagross. There’s something alien like in its design that makes it so intriguing to me. I love the story of its evolution of it being two Metang fusing together and before that two Bedlum fusing together to create that Metang, it gives Metagross four brains making it a smart Pokémon and giving it a unique evolution story. The highest base stat of all steel Pokémon helps it to this place as well, such a powerful Pokémon and an asset to any team it is a part of.

Number One: Blaziken
My favourite Pokémon of all time. I don’t really know where to start with this one. Torchic was my first Pokémon ever. Back in the day I shared Pokémon Sapphire with my brother we didn’t really build a team just the Blaziken it reached level 100 and sweeped the Pokémon league on its own. Personal experiences aside as Nintendo magazine said ‘a kung fu chicken? What’s not to like’. Between the good design were none of the colours used are overbearing to a great signature move in Blaze Kick it will be a while before any other Pokémon knocks Blaziken off of being my favourite.

And that rounds of the list for generation three, a number of Pokémon such as Flygon and Aggron nearly made this list but in the end narrowly missed out. This generation has a lot of my favourites in it which made this difficult the list just six. As with all posts in this ongoing series please find attached below my favourite Pokémon per typing.


Up next we will be halfway through with generation four and Diamond, Pearl and Platinum but that list is for next time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Inazuma Eleven Football Manager Simulator - Game Idea Concept

Inazuma International Team Selection - Australia

Does Impact Wrestling have a problem with keeping and showcasing talent?