Pokémon 25th Anniversary Speculation: What I'd Hope For a Generation 4 Remake

It's hard to believe that Pokémon turns 25 in 2021, what started as a video is a multi billion dollar juggernaut of media. Games, toys, anime, movies you name it Pokémon have probably done it. As expected next year will give us more Pokémon content to get stuck into with what many imagine will be a Diamond & Pearl remake. Personally, I would very much look forward to this. Not only have we had remakes of the first 3 generations in previous years but this would allow us a full reimagining of Sinnoh. With this being a remake and we've seen Pokémon make creative changes to the original games for this and being the 25th anniversary of the series I think we will see some big changes or at the very least I hope. 

One of my favourite recent additions to Pokémon gameplay is the regional variants. Brought in for Sun & Moon and the concept evolved with Sword & Shield to include evolutions of this regional variants which I really enjoyed Obstagoon and Sirfetch'd and I'd love to see this backdated to the remakes. We saw with the original Diamond, Pearl and Platinum classic Pokémon like Electabuzz, Magmar and Sneasel as well as others from the previous generation like Nosepass and Dusclops as well as branching evolutions for Snorunt and Kirlia which I really enjoyed, this gave older Pokémon a new boost and brought them into the limelight again. I'd really like to see both of these ideas brought into a remake. 

Not only do I want them to continue to add Sinnoh forms but to give older Pokémon new evolutions, if you want to keep the Pokédex the same you can always have a place for a post game (even DLC) where new evolutions to take place or items there to use. I imagine some classic Pokémon like Jynx could benefit from an evolution while I'd like to see how some Pokémon like Quagsire or Altaria under a new type or design would look. I think regional forms and new evolutions may be where my interest for the new games is at its highest. 

I'd love a post game story. We had the Delta Episode in the Generation 3 remakes and of course we just had a post game story with Sordward and Shielbert. I'd love for a post game featuring the likes of Arceus as although you could get the event for Arceus through Action Replay it wasn't officially available it'd be nice to have that event reimagined. Not only that you could always change up the full Darkrai and Cresselia side story to have it fully fleshed out. Darkrai is one of my favourite Mythical Pokémon and I'd love him to be more fleshed out in a full story. 

While talking about additions I think we should look at what should be replaced or removed. Starting with HM use and I hope it's removed. As we have seen Pokémon has moved away from using HMs and I am so happy they are. The moves take up space and sometimes they are only used once it is much more effective to use these in a different way and not have HM slaves that take up party space. 

As well as this I am interested to see how Dynamax spots are implemented in the game. I can see the Great Marsh being the Wild Area for this game. I am interested in how the game will look route wise if any Dynamax spots will be used in the normal routes. I see it in the Great Marsh and Battle Zone but bar that I struggle to thing where. This is something I thing is more of a given but is more of a question on where this is implemented. 

Regardless, I think a Generation 4 remake is going to be great for us to experience I do wonder if we will see anything else this year maybe a Let's Go Johto. Regardless I hope we get a great amount of content from Pokémon this year to celebrate the franchise reaching the 25 year milestone. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Inazuma Eleven Football Manager Simulator - Game Idea Concept

Inazuma International Team Selection - Australia

Does Impact Wrestling have a problem with keeping and showcasing talent?