Spider-Man 2 PS5: Hopes and Expectations

All it takes is 2 minutes to get speculation going surrounding a game. The PlayStation Showcase had games I wanted to see and while Spider-Man 2 comes out in 2023 I am happy to see it announced. Quality will always trump quantity so I can wait a year. However, we will continue to wildly speculate about how this game will go. We have very little to go on so far and all me know is Peter is getting some Ock arms on his suit I think Miles has a slight redesign on his costume and we get Venom and at least one other villains. So for the moment we can only guess and guessing is the best way to write posts. 

Between the verbiage of the mysterious voice wanting one of either of the Spider-Men and Venom to give them what they want and I feel that Kraven the Hunter is the most likely man behind the voice and is looking for the head which will make him the world's greatest hunter seeing the exploits of the Spider-Men it gives him that opportunity. Maybe you can loosely build on Kraven's last hunt which if you do I'd love more heroes from the Spider-Verse (mainly Silk I know the clone saga would have to happen for Scarlet Spider & Kaine) to beef this up. I don't expect that to be the case with two playable characters I think adding a third might not happen for Silk or a Spider-Gwen.

However, and this could be wild but what if Venom ends up playable? If we think about Venom in this universe maybe being Harry Osborn I do wonder if by the end of the game Venom turns from villain to anti-hero in line with how he's viewed with the Tom Hardy movies it got me thinking that while he will start as a villain we will see a face turn from him over the course of his arc. I just get the feeling he's be so different to play it would be interesting even as a post game extra it would be something to set up the universe and give a bulk heavy character who could work in terms of having a character that different (I know Miles has extra powers but they both are Spider-Men with similar combat styles). I just don't see Venom remaining a villain throughout the game series and I could see us get something Venom related more then just a boss fight. 

I do wonder if we get Green Goblin or advancement on the characters creation. I can personally see Norman getting closure to the role and maybe they throw in some cloning of Spider-Man but I think Venom being such an iconic villain and one I'd say is an A grade villain I don't think you want Goblin with that as well, keep another key villains as a selling point for the next game. Look Spider-Man has an elite rouges gallery and I haven't even begin to talk about my favourite villain Mysterio being in the series as well. 

But speaking on that I do wonder who will be in the game. Rhino is the only one who's been in both but we could see the likes of Scorpion or Vulture could be back, if Kraven's Last Hunt provides some sort of inspiration any animal inspired villains could be back. Kraven is a trophy hunter so these would make sense. You can also have lesser known villains like Beetle be fodder in the game like how Shocker was on the first game as well to add to this. 

Speaking of Kraven I can see his half brother Chameleon making an appearance. I think he would lend himself well to a mystery theme side quest as he continues to impersonate people across the map with an underlying theme that the Spider-Men need to crack to find him.

I have one final point when it comes to this game something I feel is a lock for the game but maybe as a side quest or main plot diversion and they is Yuri becoming Wraith. This was teased right at the end of the City that Never Sleeps DLC and does feel like something Peter specifically will have to deal with. Yuri was a key character in Peter's story in the first game so this should be continued. I am also interested in what they do with the Wraith costume either way I do think this side story has a lot of legs to it. 

Regardless we have over a year to blindly speculate on this game and more information is sure to drop at some point. Either way this is something I'm majorly excited for an cannot wait to see what happens. The beauty in what Insomniac has done in two game is create a universe which they can take in many directions and Spider-Man has so many rouges we have not seen in full glory yet. All I know is we are in for one hell of a game come 2023. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Inazuma Eleven Football Manager Simulator - Game Idea Concept

Inazuma International Team Selection - Australia

Does Impact Wrestling have a problem with keeping and showcasing talent?