Quick Thoughts: AEW All In 2026 Weekend

I wanted to give it a few days to collect my thoughts and feeling not rush into hyperbole but oh man what a weekend. It is always a great weekend when AEW come over the England in August and this year All In was brought back. On top of this RevPro also went all out with their biggest show yet the day before for their Anniversary show and held it right next door in Wembley Arena. It's a big expectation on the weekend with two big venues.
And man, that shit delivered. The weekend delivered big matches, big moments and memories forever. It is kinda insane to have seen 10 title changes over two days but I won't complain. It's really nice RevPro wise as I have been going to the Live in London shows and been more invested into the company then I have beforehand so the real pay off I got for this show was even more then when I use to just do a handful of shows a year. Connor Mills finally putting 6 years of hurt to bed to beat Michael Oku and become Undisputed British Heavyweight Champion was so good to see live as was Kanji getting her moment winning the Undisputed British Women's Championship. A great night and something I hope RevPro can continue to build on.
All In 2026 might be my favourite show I've ever been to. I mean where do you even start with this show? The New Level debut was electric, The Brawling Birds winning the Women's World Tag Team Titles, Kyle Fletcher began his slow burn to a face turn following a great match and of course it is always a pleasure seeing Sting. But we do need to talk about Willows vs. Mercedes a superb world title match and I think the best match of their series weird finish included. The physicality added to the overall hate and Willow losing her smile even for a minute in the hatred to use the belt as a weapon was great deserves the plaudits it is getting.
But man I need to cover Ospreay vs. Omega and just how lucky I am to have been in the crowd for it. I remember 2024 outside Wembley thinking about Bryan vs. Swerve and how it was going to take something special to top that as my greatest match seen live not just bell to bell but the overall spectacle and moment and now it has happened. I won't lie I'm not the most emotional man but the Ospreay entrance had me on the verge of tears alone and that's before the match. I think it's close call between this and their Wrestle Kingdom match for best bell to bell but this had to much more around it Kenny using Sephiroth's theme be dammed. To be there for Will crowing moment a decade after the first time I saw him live when he was part of TNA's UK tour at Wembley arena the same venue he made a surprise return to 24 hours before. And man Kenny Omega a man possessed to be the Kenny of old it was like watching him in his prime. It's hard to describe the physical charisma of Kenny the way he moves and acts he was the physical and mental mountain for Ospreay to climb. I don't know how many more big singles Kenny Omega matches we have like this left but I am privileged to have been able to sit there for one, well I say sit I was standing a lot as well.
It's weekends like this that make me remember why I am a pro wrestling fan. It's not just the matches but the moments and the emotion it brings. Wrestling is more than a sport or entertainment, it is a feeling and when it hits like Ospreay vs. Omega you can't describe it to those who don't know because the words aren't there.
'We promise that pro-wrestling will always be here for you' - Hiroshi Tanahashi

Comments
Post a Comment