Quick Thoughts: All Out 2024

As we head into September we find ourselves 2 weeks removed from All In ready for All Out. I really feel that these PPV's are too close together it's only been 2 weeks and I still yearn to go back to Wembley. I feel there's not enough time to fully build a card and it honestly relies on two or three key feuds that didn't get a blow off on All In. Lukcily I feel these are strong feuds with added matches that you can expect quaility. AEW is a company that works it's best bell to bell and with PPVs that is what you get so let's break down the card and see what I enjoyed. 

Zero Hour
Breaking from tradition I won't break the buy in show match for match. This is largely as these were thrown together last minute so I'll just say a few things about what I liked. Beginning with before any matches I want to start with how great Hologram and The Beast Mortos are, I guess we are getting a Hologram extended universe if The Clone/El Clone trademarks are anything to go by but these two had a great match on Collision while it was being hosted in Texas and I hope to see more of both of them in featured positions going forward. 

Main Show

MJF vs. Daniel Garcia
One of the key feuds is MJF vs. Daniel Garcia when it comes to selling this PPV on the weekly TV. I think the work MJF has done here is better than the American Hero stuff he was doing in the feud with Ospreay, this feels more like a heel then an over the top pantomine villian. I think this is going to help Garcia providing he puts pen to paper and if he wins here I imagine that's a thing he's done/going to do. I really found myself liking this match it was a surprise technical contest that built up on the story they've told on TV. While I would've had Garcia win he got the last laugh and piledriver. I don't think the feud is over by Garcia must win the rematch.  

AEW World Tag Team Championship Match: The Young Bucks (Matthew Jackson and Nicholas Jackson) (c) vs. Blackpool Combat Club (Claudio Castagnoli and Wheeler Yuta)
In what feels like a get the tag titles defended on the card and a way of getting multi man matches out of the brief Bryan and Jack feud we have this match. I feel the tag division is getting its legs back with the FTR and GYV feud and honestly would've preferred that match. I don't expect a Claudio and Wheeler win here but I didn't expect it at Wembley so we will see. I felt this was a good match but I just wonder who actually beats Young Bucks. 

AEW International Championship Match: Will Ospreay (c) vs. PAC
Was hoping this was the All In match but at least both won in front of my which was good. I also think it helped to add a little bit to the story with PAC annoyed that Ospreay jumped the queue in getting an International title shot (which kinda makes me interested in what PAC vs. MJF would be like). I expect this to be a good match these are two of the best wrestlers the United Kingdom has ever produced and I still feel PAC is underappreciated in conversation for best in the world. Very good match as expected hope this isn't he last team we see them wrestle. 

Chicago Street Fight: Willow Nightingale vs. Kris Statlander (with Stokely Hathaway)
A match built up for months these two have had a good feud. I feel both of these women have been really good in 2024 and valuable not just to the women's division and fully establishing the TBS title as a key title to win. What a match I didn't expect a punce to destory the barricade. This match was so good the heavy thunder and lightning storm happening outside couldn't distract me from this one which is as high of a compliment as I can give it. Honestly at least one of these women should be world champion by end of the year and Willow vs. Mariah would be a great match/feud but a great match and honestly so much better then I thought it would be. 

AEW Continental Championship Match: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Mark Briscoe vs. Orange Cassidy vs. Konosuke Takeshita
Good to see Takeshita back after a great G1 run. I feel sorry for New Japan in a way that two of the best people who showed out in the G1 in Uemura and Takeshita they can't use constantly now due to injury to Uemura and Takeshita returning to AEW. It honestly feels like Okada is in a holding pattern with Omega not being near ready to return with the original plan being those two at Wembley. I do wonder who out of these four will be in the Continental Classic this year as we are closing in on the start of it. 

AEW TBS Championship Match: Mercedes Moné (c) vs. Hikaru Shida
Shida's great I wish she'd win this match but it wouldn't happen I was expected some sort of outside interference to help Mercedes to win. It is funny the Mercedes and Britt match is just never mentioned but I expect this to be better then that one by a long margin. I didn't like the finish I felt that Shida losing clean isn't good probably means she's gonna dissapear for 8 months (or maybe she will turn heel now give her something). Give me more Willow vs. Stat over this thanks. 

AEW World Championship Match: Bryan Danielson (c) vs. Jack Perry
It was a great moment at All In when Bryan Danielson finally became AEW World Champion. I did think however that All Out wouldn't give him a major opponent and with Jack while he has been on a good run considering that it also isn't the main event it makes sense to have Jack Perry be the opponent. I went into this expecting Bryan to win and head onto the match he wants against Darby which would be at Grand Slam. With how expected the outcome was I did kinda switch off during this match but still good. I felt the post match was great the BCC (apart from Yuta I guess) turning on Bryan is great and is a godo hook for Wednesday and beyond.

Unsanctioned Lights Out Steel Cage Match: Swerve Strickland (with Prince Nana) vs. "Hangman" Adam Page
This is without a doubt in my mind the best feud in AEW history. These two have really good chemistry in ring and everything around it escalates in a gripping way. It's hard to believe it has been a year from Swerve wanting to take Hangman's spot and for him to show the world what 'Cowboy Shit' is to then Hangman burning down Swerve's childhood home. It's grown and grown and not only paid a key part in Swerve becomming the guy in AEW but also 
reestablishing Hangman in the main event following the debacle that was CM Punk. Ah man, this was a violent to a level which was too much to me in the end with the needle not my thing. I did enjoy this match a slow build of violence and I feel it worked well not as good as the Texas Death Match but this was more a match build up by the proceeding actions. The question is what do you do with both now in the immediate future because this isn't the last we see of these men facing off.

All in all All Out was a show I had a fun time with. I think it should be further away from All In thought actually allow time to build your PPVs which is another issue I have with WrestleDream coming up. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Inazuma Eleven Football Manager Simulator - Game Idea Concept

Does Impact Wrestling have a problem with keeping and showcasing talent?

NXT 2.0: Short Term Pain For Long Term Gain or A Disaster Waiting to Happen?