What Characters Could We See In Future Spider-Man Games

Spider-Man 2's release date has come and gone with many people beating the game getting the Platinum Trophy (much like myself) and now just unsure of the next move while I wait for any DLC announcement. What it leads to is my mind thinking on what could be next in this game series, the back of my mind I think that Spider-Man 3 could be the end (which would be dumb if it's making a lot of money) and with Wolverine and the potential for a Venom game before hand I did wonder who we could see in this universe. I think Spider-Man 3 has a lot of potential so wanted to run down some the Spider-Man adjacent characters we are likely to see in a Spider-Man 3 down the line and others who I think have a good shout.

Green Goblin
Starting with the most obvious three I think we can all see that the main villain of Spider-Man 3 will be Norman Osborn as The Green Goblin. Teased at the end asking his scientists in the phone to prepare the ‘G-Serum’ I expect he is looking for revenge on the Spider-Men (regardless if Venom comes back or not). It will be interested to see his decent into madness and to see how the goblin glider looks. One thing is that if a Venom game happens I wonder if we see him fight Goblin assuming Harry is under full control.

Cindy Moon/Silk
Teased at the end of the game I imagine that we see the beginning of her origin story to becoming Silk in whatever the story DLC is. Cindy will have a large change to her origin but it will be interested to see what they do. I think it will be an interesting dynamic to see Miles as the teacher this time but considering Cindy’s comic origin came from her being bitten by the same spider as Peter I wonder what they do this time.

Carnage
Green Goblin wasn’t the only future villain teased as at the end of the flame side missions the leader of the cult take some of the symbiote and is revealed to be Cletus Kassidy. As many will know that is the name of the man who would become Carnage. I think Carnage will appear in one of two places either Spider-Man 3 or if we get a Venom game maybe there (as Venom and Carnage go hand in hand). I would love it if we got some Carnage vs Venom giving a large destructive fight. It would be fun and larger in scale than any fight before hand and you have the perfect villain for a Venom game.

Now we have the first three locks for the future of the Spider-Man game franchise I can now move on to some I think could appear in future games. With the deaths of Scorpion, Shocker, Electro & Vulture (and possibly Rhino) as well as Tombstone and Mysterio being reformed we are down a lot of villains and will need some new ones. While what list below may not be main villains or just be a side quest I would be fun to see.

Red Goblin
A combination of Green Goblin and the Carnage symbiote the Red Goblin would have all the power to be the most powerful villain of the series (and a potential big final boss if the series ends at 3). A combination of two of the biggest Spider-Man villains it would be a great final fight to see Harry & Peter team up as Venom & Spider-Man to face Red Goblin resolving their conflict and looking to save Harry’s father. I think it would be a great ending (which you could help to build to if you do a Venom game).

Hobgoblin
Speaking of Goblin’s after Norman Osborn there’s no more recognisable than the Hobgoblin. Be it Roderick Kingsley, Ned Leeds or someone else I can see it being that Norman tests the G-Serum on someone before himself (maybe Ned as a journalist looking into Oscorp following their responsibility for both Devil’s Breath and the Symbiote Outbreak) and they become Hobgoblin. I think it would be a good setup in showing how far Norman has fallen. His tests and work gone from trying to save Harry to now just corrupting people for his own revenge/gain. Spider-Man needs more villains after the last few games and this would be a good way of getting a new villain as well as advancing Norman’s story.
Will o' the Wisp 
We’ve talked about a lot of classic Peter villains so let’s move onto someone that could be reworked for Miles. Will o' the Wisp is a former Roxxon employee which was a company that was a focal point of the Miles Morales game so it would make sense for him to hold a grudge against Miles Spider-Man specifically. You could make it that he got hit by the fight between Miles & Phin and the reactor damage hit him causing him to have powers. I think if you have the DLC around Miles & maybe Cindy then having it build off of Miles' full story could work and would help give a spotlight to a lesser known villain like how the first game brought Mr Negative into the spotlight and across the Spider-Verse did with Spot. Basically give Miles lesser known villains to work with and they have their best runs. 

Starling
With Vulture dying I think we have a lot of ground to cover. I imagine this out of all the villains will hit Peter the most as I believe that Adrian Toomes was referenced as his first villain so I think we should keep his character alive with a recent addition to the Spider-Man mythos in his granddaughter and ally to Miles in Starling. I think it would be a good side mission to see hunter bases destroyed and Miles having to work out who did it with the attacks looking like they were done by the Vulture eventually found out to be Starling let's see Miles put that reforming people for good to the test and have her then be a recurring like Black Cat. Another vigilante who can appear in the story and I think be a good way of bringing the mechancis of a previous villain back rather than just having a new version. 

Those are the main ones I wanted to cover I do think however we will see others as we will need more side missions and those will need villains (I haven't even really considered what they could do with Chameleon or potentially intorducing Gwen Stacy (which they keep hinting at). I'm excited not only do we have Spider-Man and the world around him but with Wolverine and maybe other we have a whole world to build but we will see what characters get introduced first with any Spider-Man 2 DLC which we should get an announcement on in the next month or so. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Inazuma Eleven Football Manager Simulator - Game Idea Concept

Inazuma International Team Selection - Australia

Does Impact Wrestling have a problem with keeping and showcasing talent?