AEW Stars That Should Also Be Used In ROH

Now with Final Battle out of the way we know about the future of Ring of Honor. With an on demand weekly show on Honor Club now is the time to see what the roster will be going forward. I am excited for this as now you can build towards shows with a card fully focussed on Ring of Honor. The irony of the report that it will be taped at the former Impact Zone does make me laugh but we will see how this looks when it happens and once we get a date for the first ROH on Demand TV Show I will be subscribing. However, this post is about the roster. We don't have a full idea as of yet so I wanted to speculate. Judging by what we have seen from Tony Khan's ROH I imagine those on the roster for sure are as follows:

  • ROH World Champion: Claudio Castagnoli 
  • ROH Women's World Champion: Athena 
  • ROH Pure Champion: Wheeler Yuta
  • ROH World TV Champion: Samoa Joe 
  • ROH World Tag Team Champions: The Briscoes
  • ROH World Six-Man Champions: The Embassy
  • Dalton Castle & The Boys 
  • Mercedes Martinez 
  • Colt Cabana
  • Willow Nightingale 
  • Blake Christian 
  • The Trustbusters
  • The Kingdom
  • Cheeseburger & Eli Isom

Those are either champions or have appeared constantly on these ROH shows or featured in the post Final Battle interviews to set up future shows (as The Trustbusters did with Dalton & The Boys). I do think we will see Top Flight & Juice Robinson back in ROH but I can't say that for sure but while I am here I'd love to see Bandido in ROH as well just more Bandido in AEW as well thanks. As well as this I have read a lot of speculation of honor club becoming the home of NJPW Strong which is an interesting concept and a good chance for some cross promotion, considering we have had the Factory have feuds stretching over Dark & Strong this might be a better way to do stuff like that going forward. Before I break down some of those I think will be key players here are others I would have on ROH shows.

  • Matt Sydal 
  • AR Fox 
  • Private Party
  • The Blones
  • Brock Anderson 
  • The Varsity Athletes
  • Iron Savages (Formerly Bear County)
  • Fuego Del Sol
  • Leyla Hirsch
  • The WorkHorsemen 
  • Jora Johl
  • Kip Sabian & Penelope Ford 
  • The Butcher, The Blade & The Bunny 
  • Zack Clayton
  • Blake Li

Those are just a few which I would expect to see show up but I don't really have much to say in relation to. A roster needs depth and those listed could do with matches that aren't just squashes (and for Leyla when she comes back from injury to get back in a groove). While I don't want to go into people that should be signed for ROH be it Tony Deppen who was in the crowd or Shane Taylor promotions who both should be signed up after a great tag match at Final Battle nor to go over new signings like Kilynn King or Starboy Charlie who I think both have tons of potential today I want to focues solely on AEW talents. 

Action Andretti
Starting on the latest addition to the AEW roster and coming off of his shock win over Jericho I think Action Andretti should be used for ROH. While he should also be seen on AEW TV as a 24 year old wrestler with 3 year of experience the main thing for Andretti is that he is given a platform to continue to develop and I think ROH gives that platform to develop in terms of TV wrestling. AEW clearly see Andretti as a future star and therefore they need to give him all the tools to succeed and working ROH as well will give him that. 

The Factory

A stable of five wrestlers with QT Marshall as the leader when ROH was first bought Lee Johnson was one of the people in ROH so he can grow as a competitor. However, I think it makes more sense to have the full Factory. Tony Khan loves stables and QT Marshall is a underappreciated wrestler I think having all five on the show can help with roster depth and give you solid works with some (Lee & Cole) needing to find their way if they are to be big AEW stars in the future. Plus this way you can interchange feuds with the tag and trios titles with different variations of the stables it helps those belts. 

Nick Wayne
A wrestler not to be on AEW TV until he turns 18 at least I wonder if Nick Wayne will find his way to ROH in the meantime. As you can see I feel ROH should be treated as a developmental of sorts, a real developmental not the NXT developmental where the average roster age was 38 and with that in mind Nick Wayne fits that bill. An indy sensation is one thing but a TV performer and I think ROH provides a platform to part of his game he doesn't have yet.

Serena Deeb

Both the men and womens division I expect to be full of young talents however you need veteran talent surrounding them. For the women adding onto Mercedes & Athena I would have Serena Deeb as part of the ROH roster. What she may lack on the mic Serena makes up for by being on of the best women in ring AEW has to offer. I did think she was beating Mercedes at Death Before Dishonor with someone helping her to win becoming the first student of Deeb's Dojo in reference to her gimmick at the time. Maybe that is something that will be brought up again.

Anna Jay
I wouldn't be surprised if we saw the majority of the Jericho Appreciation Society to appear on ROH with the exception of Jericho. One I feel that would benefit the most would be Anna Jay. Of all the JAS Anna is the one with the least experienced and I don't think she has worked outside of AEW since getting signed. I don't know how much you can develop having short matches having a chance to develop more or an indy run, AEW clearly sees something in Anna Jay and should be helping her realise her potential. 

Skye Blue
While not a confirmed signing I am under the impression Skye Blue is signed to AEW. However, much like Anna Jay I don't think she is going to be a prominent part of AEW for a while so it makes sense that she should be in ROH as well to further develop a character. I think that she should be a good part of the ROH women's division with the likes of Queen Aminata & Trish Adora. Skye Blue has a likeability to her and I think she is at least a number two face and in a place like ROH with less pressure and TV ratings she can improve her weaker points of her game like promos. 

Konosuke Takeshita
Saving the best till last someone who not only could be a future ace of ROH but of AEW as well. I think Takeshita is a superb talent and honestly as far as getting in ring experience goes he doesn't need that being the former ace of DDT in Japan he is one of the top young talents in the world. I have him here on this list because ROH needs talents that you want to watch and Takeshita is one of those talents. The confirmed ROH roster opens up a minimum of two great matches be it a second match with Claudio or facing Samoa Joe for the TV title (which he should be the guy winning that belt from Joe) but if you need a top tier match for a PPV you have Takeshita on the roster ready for that. So be it ROH or AEW give me Takeshita vs. Bandido please.

I do have we get some idea of the majority of the roster for ROH in the new year, I want to know who I can expect to see so I know what to expect. I think this version of ROH has the chance to be exciting but that depends on the roster. The best bet is some AEW regulars, some ROH exclusive talent and a mixture of New Japan guy even some on excursion keep the show different from AEW matches and give it a reason why people need to see it but I imagine all those details we will get in the new year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Inazuma Eleven Football Manager Simulator - Game Idea Concept

Inazuma International Team Selection - Australia

Does Impact Wrestling have a problem with keeping and showcasing talent?