Does Pokémon Take Too Long Revealing Information?

Sometimes, it is really hard playing Pokémon games the way I do. I like to build my team right away before I have the game, what I normally do is have around 8-10 (including starter) new Pokémon for this generation which I like the design of to then use, I'll have a preferred 6 but have back ups in case of any version exclusives which have no been announced which may change my team. However, for Sword & Shield onwards I really do feel like this has become a harder process, I spoke recently on the rise of leaks when it comes to video games and I feel that this can have an effect on people's hype but I wanted to break down in a bit further detail the other side of the coin with a lack of information. 

Let's break down what we have for Pokémon Scarlet & Violet confirmed as of 24th July 2022, we have the 3 starters, the 2 box art legendaries and three other new Pokémon and that's it. We don't know any evolutions and on top of that only a handful of characters. It's annoying the game comes out in November and it feels like Pokémon is in no rush to release any information. While I imagine this is a positive to those who do not wish to know the ins and outs but I would have to imagine such a lack of information must be annoying for them. 

We don't even know the name of the region at this point in time. One of the main key pieces of information is still being witheld for whatever reason and I don't see a reason why. I can understand not showing all Pokémon or all characters but to not even have the regions name out with 2 trailers having already been released confuses me. I can only think the name is a spoiler for the story which they don't wish to reveal but it still confuses me.

As with most Pokémon games most generatiosn now contain a main gimmicks. Be it Mega Evolutions, Z Moves, Gigantamax or the regional forms (and then evolutions of new regional forms) these are normally announced pretty quickly not all Pokémon with these forms but announced nonetheless. We've seen rumours of Divergant Evolution with old Pokémon getting slight changes and different types and past and future forms but these are leaks/rumours at the moment.

The main issue is that the second you release a new trailer and it contains people have seen from leaks they know what has been said are true. It really makes this a damned if you do, damned if you don't for Pokémon but truth be told they should bite the bullet, you gain hype for games by showcasing them, silence makes it feel like you're hiding a lot I do think moderation should be used to not show literally everything but you'd think at least showcasing the new gimmicks of new Pokémon would be a good way to raise discussion and pre orders. Who knows I could write this and in 48 hours we get a new showcase trailer addressing these points. But I guess we will just have to wait and see. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Inazuma Eleven Football Manager Simulator - Game Idea Concept

Inazuma International Team Selection - Australia

Does Impact Wrestling have a problem with keeping and showcasing talent?