What Pokémon Should get Regional Forms and Evolutions in Pokémon Legends: Arceus

After a few days to reflect on the latest Pokémon Presents I have to say that Legends Arceus is one of my most anticipated games. One major relief I had was that we will get new regional forms as it has become one of my favourite parts of each game and with how Sword and Shield added evolutions on top of this for regional forms it really added to the whole product. Not only that we are getting new evolutions for older Pokémon with Wyrdeer the new evolution for Stantler and Basculegion for Basculin it is great to see Pokémon not really used or mentioned getting new attention and I have to be honest it will be the first time I've ever thought about using Basculin because of this. I wanted to break down a few other Pokémon that could get regional variants, evolutions or both. 

Dunsparce - Evolution
Starting with a popular choice if we are giving Pokémon like Stantler and Basculin who don't get used a new lease of life we might as well do it for one that people like. Dunsparce for lack of better term is a cult favourite for Pokémon fans and people are desperate for Dunsparce to get some love and I think an evolution here would be cool. You could have it that its evolution over the years was hunted so the species disregarded evolving and then reintroduce it like how Piloswine needs to learn Ancient Power to evolve. I don't think there's a better shot for Dunsparce getting the love many want and I am all in favour of a weaker Pokémon becoming a beast later on.

Relicanth - Hisuian Form
Known as the Longevity Pokémon I feel if any Pokémon is ripe for a regional variant it is Relicanth. While the species of fish it is based on hasn't changed a lot from prehistoric time there's no reason for Relicanth had to follow that. I think you'd make it more speedy while reducing its defence and change the rock type out for something else. So you can explain over the year it evolves to boost its defences with rocks getting the type and disregarding it's Hisuian form. 

Carnivine - Evolution
One Pokémon I always liked the design of but felt it needed more was Carnivine. I love the idea of a Pokémon based on a Venus flytrap but wish it was more. I think it evolving into a grass & poison type with boosted stats would make it a better and it already has a great design to begin with so it would be interesting to see how it goes, go full Audrey 2 with a Carnivine evolution. 

Girafarig - Hisuian Form
Regional variants always have the ability breathe new life into a Pokémon I mean look at Farfetch'd & Corsola who even managed to snag an evolution from it. With that I'd love to see Girafarig a Pokémon who seemed to be different in the beta so it would be nice to revisit it as it is one of my favourite scrapped beta designs. Give me CatDog but for a Giraffe.

Genesect - Hisuian Form
Now I don't think this will happen unless we got a Legends set in Unova but this is blindness speculation so let us blindly speculate. Genesect is the type of Pokémon this sort of game is made for. A Pokémon brought back to life in a mechanical shell. Now, I'm pretty sure that Legends Arceus isn't set 300 million years ago like when Genesect was alive so it's more of a general thing. I truly believe that the original form of Genesect is one of the most interesting unknowns in the Pokémon world as of yet. Give me a game where I can choose from some fossil Pokémon for a started with classic Genesect as the legendary. Just a thought. 

I have to wonder how Pokémon Legends: Arceus will impact future games. I love the idea of the main series having two styles of games and a legends series could help give Mythical Pokémon some plot significance and a story, it's a good way of incorporating them and also building the world and history of the Pokémon world. What I'm saying at the end is if this sells well and they revisit this game mode is Pokémon Legends: Zeraora please. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Inazuma Eleven Football Manager Simulator - Game Idea Concept

Inazuma International Team Selection - Australia

Does Impact Wrestling have a problem with keeping and showcasing talent?