Animals I'd Like To See Pokémon Based On

As mentioned previously we are close to the announcement for Pokémon Generation ten and as such my main interest is the new Pokémon we get. When you look at what has come before we have a lot of real animals that haven't become Pokémon (I mean it took nine generations to get a dolphin) so I wanted to break down a few that I would love to see become the inspiration to some new Pokémon. Obviously we have inanimate objects, fictional creatues inspired by both films and muthology but today I just wanted to look at those animals I feel could make interesting Pokémon.

Racoon

Starting off with a choice for what could be a Route One rodent Pokémon or maybe even something bigger. Racoon's would make sense to be in the Rattata position as an early route Pokémon with one evolution. While this would be fine I woud love to see a Racoon Pokémon get a bit more of a spotlight. I think for me it is how Racoon's are sometimes referred to as 'Trash Pandas' so I can't look past a Racoon Pokémon being a mini Pangoro. Either way it would be a good addition to the Pokédex.

Swordfish

I'm sure you could think of so many different fish that could be Pokémon personally I'd love to see and with that the majority are just different types of sharks but the one I wanted to speak on was the Swordfish. I think it's the pointed bill that makes me really makes me want to see what they would do with this. I'm thinking a Water/Fighting type with a move similar to Horn Drill to make use of that bill I just think that would be interesting to see. 

Sun Bear

We've had a Brown Bear, a Brown Bear, a Panda Bear and a Polar Bear so far so we should keep going with a bear that many got confused with a human in a costume in 2023. Sun Bears are an interesting on, when on their back paws they look like a human in a suit and thinner than most bears. I would be interesting to have a thinner bear compared to the bulk of Ursaring, Urshifu, Pangoro & Beartic that has stronger speed stats but is weaker. I like bears so the more we can have the better. 

Silverback Gorilla

Now we have already had a Gorilla in Rillaboom but I want a Gorilla Pokémon that can be caught in the wild. We need more apes and a Silverback Gorilla would be a great powerful Pokémon to have be it the end of an evolution line or standalone. I think it could be a good Pokémon that may take a while to evolve but if with some perseverance it would become one of the stronger Pokémon you would be able to catch its first stage early on and train over the game. 

Platypus

A unique animal which deserves a unique Pokémon. The duck-billed, beaver-tailed and otter-footed mammal presents a fun challenge on how to design a Pokémon taking parts from various animals and match them together. This could have the potential to be another man made Pokémon like Genesect or Type:Null where it is created by fusing the parts of many different Pokémon to create something like a Frankenstein monster type Pokémon that’s some sort of duel type with Ghost (maybe water). It would be interesting to see the ability that would come from this as a mix and match Pokémon but it would be a good way to get an interesting animal and a take on a classic horror monster in one go.

Peacock

I’ve always been surprised that we have not had a peacock Pokémon. I feel the issue may come from how to do the feathers of a peacock justice or how to work it in to a move or ability. But with how we are running out of unique birds I feel it’s only a matter of time before the peacock is turned to. Maybe the feathers can be used as a move that distract or confuse its opponent make it a Flying/Psychic type that deals in status effects and confusion and I think it could work. As for how to design the feathers I think I’ll leave that to someone who is actually good at art I wouldn’t know where to start.

Various Dinosaurs

The final one for this list is a combination of a number of animals. Look, I love dinosaurs who doesn't and we need so many more in Pokémon. We've had a real lack of fossil Pokémon recently that are just dinosaurs and I think that is a damn shame. We need more so I would be happy to see fossil Pokémon come back and we have a lot of dinosaurs that haven't been used so I don't mind choose any between Talarurus, Diplodocus, Triceratops, Spinosaurus, Stegosaurus or Ankylosaurus let us get back to having those fun powerful fossil Pokémon based on some of the most well know prehistoric animals.

I will leave it there for the moment but that's just a few. With all DLC announced and to be released before Pokémon day so I do think we could get some form a Generation 10 announcement in February be it a new Legends game or the new main series it will be interested to say. Either way what I hope for is some of the above to become Pokémon at some point in the near future. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Inazuma Eleven Football Manager Simulator - Game Idea Concept

Inazuma International Team Selection - Australia

Does Impact Wrestling have a problem with keeping and showcasing talent?