Who Should Be The Next Champion For Each AEW Title?

As we get closer and closer to the end of this year in all forms of media time looks towards 2022 and beyond. When it comes to wrestling it's a case of looking to book towards the people who will be your next champion as well as build the reigns of those currently. I thought I'd make some predictions in regards to AEW and the future that awaits. I believe now that post Full Gear the champions are set to go into the new year are in place so I want to look at who I feel will be the one's to dethrone those currently in possession of the four active championship belts. For the record I won't be covering the TBS title in this. Let's get a first champion before discussing the second. Please not while this is being posted in December 

AEW Tag Team Championship - Next Champions: Santana & Ortiz
AEW has a stacked tag team division so you could argue this is the hardest one to call. With a plethora of talent in the tag team division it's hard to narrow down which team would be the one to overthrow the Lucha Bros but I feel the most logical team is that of Santana & Ortiz. With the Young Bucks the previous champs and FTR just beaten it felt it was between Jurassic Express and Santana & Ortiz with the former feeling it will more likely head to a Jungle Boy and Christian Cage feud. As someone who really enjoyed their Impact encounters mainly the Full Metal Mayhem match and it felt that for a moment it was the direction AEW was heading in before the reunion of the Inner Circle to Fight American Top Team. I expect a return to this programme now. Time for Santana & Ortiz to farm those wins on Dark & Elevation to skyrocket up the rankings as well. Fantasy booking wise I cannot think of a better match to have Escalera De La Muerte 2 which now I've thought about it I will look to will this into existence. 

AEW Women's World Championship - Next Champion: Thunder Rosa
This one I feel is the most obvious as while the feud isn't at the forefront at the moment it feels the natural conclusion to all the issues of Britt Baker and Thunder Rosa. For me this is the reason Thunder Rosa shouldn't and won't win the TBS title although she'd be a great first TBS champion this is the path to take. For me Thunder Rosa vs. Britt Baker is the rivalry that defines the AEW Women's Division and it is mad to me they never had a PPV singles match. I remember reading a report a big rematch between the two was planned for Q1 2022 and while Rosa beat Britt it was Unsanctioned and since Britt went on to be Women's World Champion. The story is there and I do think to put a date on it at Revolution in February we will see Thunder Rosa win the title if not sooner. 

AEW TNT Championship - Next Champion: Adam Cole 
This was the hardest champion to pick. One benefit with the TNT title is it feels that it could be that a number of people could win it. From Miro winning it back to the likes of Jungle Boy, Orange Cassidy, Ricky Starks or even the outside chance of someone like Powerhouse Hobbs, Andrade El Idolo or PAC if Sammy has a long reign but I have gone with Adam Cole. I don't have a massive reason for this but to me the TNT title normally is a high quality match or a focal point of the show with a charismatic champion who can put on engaging matches. To me nobody does it better than Adam Cole. I always think Adam Cole is someone when he holds a belt he elevates in through both his in ring and promo work. With the idea of him eventually turning on The Elite and if it is him and the Undisputed Era teaming up again I could always see a future where Kenny Omega wins the TNT title and being AEW's first triple crown champion and I think that you can easily end the debate on the TNT title being secondary if you have Kenny Omega & Adam Cole battling for it. Ticks a lot of boxes but then again I have no idea this is one belt that it could do so many ways. 

AEW World Championship - Next Champion: MJF
For Hangman Page I feel when it is all said and done it will be that the journey is the destination when it comes to establishing him. I don't mean in terms of him not being world champion because he should but Hangman will be remembered to his journey to the belt not his reign with the belt. I'm saying a week into Hangman's reign so I'll probably be wrong but the way I see it I do not think his reign can match the story of his journey. With that in mind I feel the seeds were planted for MJF to win the title from Hangman at some point in 2022 maybe as soon as Revolution. I have said for a good while I do think that MJF is the next in line to win the AEW world title and above all else he feels ready to win it. Not only is MJF the most despised heel for AEW him beating a beloved babyface in Hangman would help him a lot. Not only that but a PPV main event of two people that are seen as home grown AEW talents would be a massive boost against the 'All Ex-WWE' talk. Babyfaces are normally the best chasing the belt and Hangman had one hell of an epic chase and I do think he will have a good but shorter run with MJF taking the belt from him. And personally booking forward from that I would love Eddie Kingston to be the one to beat MJF it'd be a great moment.  
 
All in all while I have stated some of these I feel are locks on for the belts it shouldn't take away the tremendous strength in depth. The likes of Kingston, Darby, PAC, Cody, Andrade, Malakai, Danielson, Punk, Ruby, Shia & Serena all not listed here which just shows you a lot of options are available to AEW when it comes time for the title switches. I think if anything this helps elevates the titles the people who don't win the belts are as important as those that do as when you see the quality of those who aren't next in line it shows how good you have to be to win one of these belts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Inazuma Eleven Football Manager Simulator - Game Idea Concept

Inazuma International Team Selection - Australia

Does Impact Wrestling have a problem with keeping and showcasing talent?