Should the Starters in Pokémon Legends: Arceus Get New Evolutions?

It seems that I'm giving October all the time in the world to discuss and baselessly speculate for Pokémon Legends: Arceus. As you can guess by the title I wanted to break down the pros and cons of giving the three starter Pokémon of Rowlet, Cyndaquil and Oshawott new starter evolutions. Out of these three I really like the Rowlet line (well I like Decidueye), Typhlosion is ok and while if Samurott is fine as a stand alone but I think it wastes the potential Dewott had for a cool Water samurai changing these sets an interesting precedent. 
 
A way to set this game up and give it such a unique boost is changing the final evolutions designs and typing it gives a whole new outlook to team planning. However, this may set a precedent that each Legends game starters get new evolutions and if so what do you do. You're creating new designs for parts of the game where you don't really have to. We have 8 generations with 3 starters in each so you have an extra 21 Pokémon you'd have to redesign where that time you could make new evolutions or regional variants, while its an interesting idea I do think that a priority would be new evolutions and regional forms would create more intrigue on the region as opposed to what other starters would look like with new evolutions that aren't in the game (I am immediately thinking on how the majority of people what would replace Charizard instead of the replacement for Typhlosion right in front of them).

However, starters are normally the Pokémon that go through a lot of designs and I imagine that a lot is left on the cutting room floor before the final choices are made (I imagine this is the same for the types as well).  I don't think this is out of the realms of possibility (and I do think Pokémon should revisit some of the cut beta Pokémon and bring them actually into the game I'm looking at the Waurufu & Raitora lines). This isn't out of the realms of possibility to use scrapped designs. I think it's a fun thing and something I may post on at a later date but if they want to use alternative evolutions they scrapped before it might be a way of saving time. 

All in all Pokémon have ways of doing this. I remain scratching my head on this as it does strike me as odd the full evolution lines for the starters has not been revealed on screen for the games. I mean if we are not getting a branching evolution why hasn't it been announced. Maybe I'm just over thinking it which I probably am. Regardless, branching starter evolutions is something with pros and cons more then I can think of while writing this. At the end of the day this is an interesting idea that if done would open a rabbit hole and one that Pokémon doesn't really need where ideas can be focuses elsewhere but I guess we will get a definitive answer sometime before January.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Inazuma Eleven Football Manager Simulator - Game Idea Concept

Inazuma International Team Selection - Australia

Does Impact Wrestling have a problem with keeping and showcasing talent?