A Pokémon Legends Game for Each Generation

Pokémon Legends: Arceus has been the talk of the Pokémon gaming world. Not only for its unique approach for a main series Pokémon in terms of gameplay but for finally giving an in game Arceus even you don't need an action replay for. I imagine a lot of the future of the game series when it comes to generation 9 and beyond will be judged on how this game sells. It had me wondering if Pokémon Legends: Arceus does well will we get more Legends like games to make a full sub section of canon main series games. I wanted to look at what Pokémon each of these could be based around.

These games would give a chance for Mythical Pokémon to have real in game events save the need for them to be downloaded and that be it with no implementation to the story. This gives a chance for (the majority mentioned below) to finally be earned and not just given. For reference to how each Pokémon was decided I used the Mythical Pokémon section of Bulbapedia which defines these Pokémon as the below 

'Mythical Pokémon are regarded as among the rarest in Pokémon world mythology. Some are seemingly unknown to most people, while others are thought of as stuff of legends. They typically receive minimal exposure during normal gameplay, usually alluded to in vague hints. They are then revealed to players months or years after the debut of their respective generation. Upon being revealed, they are celebrated across the numerous media, often starring in movies and being featured prominently in merchandise.'

Should you wish to see other potential Mythical Pokémon to base a legends game around please use the following link https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mythical_Pokémon which as this is the place my knowledge on the subject is based it will show all Pokémon I considered. With that all in mind let's break down the Pokémon for each generation I would base a Legends game around (excluding Generation 4 for the moment seeing as it has one with Arceus).  

Generation 1: Mew
Generation 1 only has the one mythical Pokémon so the choice is simple and would be a great idea. Mew has often been a Pokémon that has a lot of history only written down within Pokémon's generation 1 in its various iterations. I would be interesting to see a explorations team looking into the Mew and its legend. A legends game could add more to the creation of Ditto and the Pokémon Mansion provided this is set in the past and not the distant past (I imagine these can be set anywhere in the past within reason). Considering the anime is following Goh's quest to catch Mew I imagine a similar story could be used it would be very simple plot but I don't think that is a bad thing it is everything around it that will help build the world and help solve the mystery of Mew. Also no truck that people tell you Mew is hiding under. 

Generation 2: Celebi 
Much like Generation 1 we have only one mythical Pokémon but it is one that is full of potential. Johto has a lot of potential for a legends game if anything but to help answer questions on the forms of the Legendary Beasts before they were revived after the Ecruteak City's Brass Tower burnt. We got Galarian Forms of the Kanto Birds so it is something that is possible. With Celebi being able to time travel you have to wonder where you set this. The possibilities are endless you could even split the game over two different time settings for example. Both Mew & Celebi have gotten a lot of Anime love over the years and as such have large fanbases which I feel lend themselves well to having a Legends game based around adding to their legend. 

Generation 3: Deoxys 
The first time we have to make a choice and I understand Deoxys featured as part of the Delta episode so Jirachi is more likely (because I don't think a Pokémon Channel remake is on the cards) as a personal choice I'd rather Deoxys. I love Deoxys the Pokémon from space I think it has a lot of untapped potential. I'd love a legends on the first record meteor shower heralding the first ever Deoxys arrival I think Deoxys has a lot of potential you could have multiple land with one for each from there's just a lot of potential when it comes to Deoxys more than Jirachi for me which I is which I went this route for choosing for Generation 3.

Generation 5: Genesect 
One of my favourite Mythical Pokémon and for me the only one of Generation 5 with real potential for a Legends game. One of the questions I have that remains unanswered and is one of the ones I want answered the most is what was the original form of Gensect it is a mystery a game could be built around. It'd be nice to visit the time period of the original Genesect as we could see other Pokémon that Team Plasma could've had for their experiments and maybe some could meet similar upgrades in the future, What I am saying is more Pokémon with back canons. 

Generation 6: Hoopa
I'd argue this is the weakest generation overall and that continues with the mythical Pokémon. I am not a fan of these but I do think Hoopa has potential for a legends game. Between the Confined and Unbound forms you can use both of these forms in a variety of reasons. I do think the idea of the hoops allowing items and Pokémon around it can cause havoc throughout a reason and if anything create some more odd settings like the Distortion World thanks to Hoopa. I does feel like it is the Mythical Pokémon for Generation 6 with the most potential. 

Generation 7: Zeraora
Now I fully accept that if a Legends game is made for Generation 7 it will be Meltan and Melmetal but let a man dream. I love Zeraora and I do believe that if it was a normal Pokémon it would have a reception in line like Lucario a greatly designed Pokémon that people think is Legendary but it isn't. I don't think Zeraora will ever get the love I think it deserves. I think this is just a plea for more Zeraora hell maybe make him into a normal Pokémon with a pre-evolution take that Mythical status away to give us a great Pokémon that people use more. 

Generation 8: Zarude
Much like the first two generations. Only one Mythical Pokémon forms part of this generation (as of the time of writing) and its a good thing I really like the design. I do wonder if they can take some inspiration from the Zarude movie and have the map having large jungles lots of forest dwelling Pokémon and we could even see this be the game for some really good Bug Pokémon to boost the top end of the type pool. I admittedly don't know a lot about Zarude as I haven't seen much regarding the movie and its Pokédex entries so it's a choice out of circumstances. But, I really like the design and that is a good enough start and I dare say the new movie will help it massively. 

All in all this is just empty speculation, I don't have anything to go on for this. I do truly believe a potential Legends subseries relies on good sales from the Arceus game. I think if anything it is nice to see a unique idea for the main games take shape and I cannot wait to see what happens. I mean above all else the likes of Manaphy, Darkrai, Keldeo and Marshadow who I didn't mention above also are classed as Mythical so if they do continue with this Pokémon have a lot of choices for whatever the next legends game could be. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Inazuma Eleven Football Manager Simulator - Game Idea Concept

Inazuma International Team Selection - Australia

Does Impact Wrestling have a problem with keeping and showcasing talent?