Favourite Pokémon: Top Six Mythical Pokémon

Defined as some of the rarest Pokémon in the world mythology, the Pokémon defined as Mythical are always thought of as the stuff of legends are really impact the games main plot. Often regarded as the stuff of legends these Pokémon normally are distrusted in events or feature in post game content. So much like with all the generation of Pokémon I will rank my top six. I won't be doing honourable mentions on these lists as the pool of Pokémon to choose from isn't the largest. With that being said in order to choose the Pokémon for this list I have used Bulbapedia and its list of Mythical Pokémon to rank my favourites as to not confuse matters and add Pokémon here that are not Mythical but Legendary (for reference please use the following link https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mythical_Pok%C3%A9mon).

With that all covered let's start the list.

Number Six: Zarude
Starting with the newest mythical Pokémon in Zarude. From when I first saw this Pokémon I loved its design right away. I think the colours work well for the type they are using. The face of the Pokémon also reminds me of Joker from Persona 5 which is also a positive. If we were to do this later on Zarude would probably be higher up on the list but as we still lack full information on the Pokémon others I have had more time to get use to so Zarude it is sixth at the moment. However, I can see Zarude shooting up this ranking.

Number Five: Melmetal
While at first this was not a Pokémon I liked, Melmetal really won me over in the end. The design reminds me of a metal juggernaut. I like the story of it being able to create iron from nothing it's an interesting detail. Being the only mythical that evolves has it stand out. While still not my favourite mythical Pokémon it still has a lot of good qualities to it.

Number Four: Deoxys
The mutated space virus with multiple forms has one of the most unique backstories in Pokémon and it goes a long way to help it stand out. I mean the theme is great and I like how Deoxys has multiple forms with each having a speciality to it and that speciality reflected in the forms design, the speed form is more streamlined, the defence form is more bulky and the attack form has a more pointed design for offence. There's so much to this Pokémon that I wish we got to see more of it and the forms were given some more backstory as to why Deoxys changes forms. I wish they'd do more space Pokémon of a similar mould.

Number Three: Genesect
The ancient insect Pokémon brought back to life with a canon slapped on its back. The whole story of Genesect. The special drives that change the type of its signature move are a cool concept, it really adds to the machine aspect of the Pokémon. I like how it really is a new generation Mewtwo and how the two had a movie together helped bring that point in. A running theme with these mythical Pokémon is that for the most part I wish they would do more with.

Number Two: Darkrai
The Pokémon nightmares are made out of. For once the mythical Pokémon has a story and it makes Darkrai so much better. Traditionally set as an antagonistic Pokémon the design and background of Darkrai help to fully flesh this out this Pokémon. I like the idea that it protects itself but putting people into nightmares it's a nice twist to how it's viewed. It's one of the mythical Pokémon that has story and I want more of. One final note on the design is I really like the red jaw like part of the upper body it really helps with this ghost having a nightmarish feature to torment those it imprisons in them.

Number One: Zeraora
Have you ever seen a mythical Pokémon that you wish wasn't. Zeraora got the worst end of any stick possible released at the end of a generation right as the new one was to begin I wouldn't mind for a weaker design. But god damn this design has everything. This could've been the Lucario of its generation but to be tossed aside pretty quick with little fanfare. I'm not someone who watches the movies and anime but I normally know if a Pokémon is in a move but had to check this one. I was we could get a soft reboot for Zeraora and have it be a more common Pokémon with a pre-evolution. For it's design and how it can be used and the sheer want I have for this Pokémon to be more Zeraora makes it into the number one spot.

With that we have the top six mythical Pokémon to me. If anything we have a common theme of wanting these Pokémon to be used more. I feel that a lot of mythical Pokémon are just given away and are done with. I just hope we can get more story or even events for future mythicals where we have to earn them or catch them through a story. But I hold my breath on that and hope we have something fun lined up for Zarude and its introduction to the Pokédex.

Until next time, thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Inazuma Eleven Football Manager Simulator - Game Idea Concept

Inazuma International Team Selection - Australia

Does Impact Wrestling have a problem with keeping and showcasing talent?