Quick Thoughts: All In 2024 Live (Plus RevPro 12th Anniversary)

 



I started writing this on my way to work the Thursday after All In, I didn’t want my thoughts to be wrapped in hyperbole as for the second year in a row I attended the show. However, I find myself unable to shake that and truly believe this is one of AEW best shows they have done. 

I won’t break the show down match by match I feel it’s different being their live to watching on TV. For example, pretty sure I missed half of last years Stadium Stampede because there’s just too much going on and too many places to look. But I will say for a PPV card it flowed so much better than last year. This could be because of the build to All In being more fleshed out this year headed by a main event where someone puts their career on the line over two friends fighting. 

I do think as expected Ospreay vs. MJF and Swerve vs. Danielson were the stand out matches. I will honestly say that Swerve vs. Danielson was one of the best matches in AEW history and is for sure the best match I’ve ever seen live. Nothing in the match felt like wasted movement, but every move had a purpose there was no doing moves for the sake of moves. Plus with this being the likely last world title win of the career of Bryan Danielson it was nice to be there live to see it. 

It’s not a show without faults though as no show is. FTW & TBS title matches didn’t hit the mark for me and fell quite flat. I would hope now we can move past the feuds surrounding those title matches and move on but all other matches I felt hit their marks.

On one final note for All In, it was great to see Nigel McGuinness wrestle again. I like many others felt it would never happen again for the sake of Nigel’s own health but for him to get a moment as he did was something deserved for an under appreciated career such as his. I think that is my moment of the night nobody seemed to even factor in Nigel being part of the match a great moment.

I also want to give mention to the Revolution Pro Anniversary Show at the Copper Box the day before. While it was a very long show it had a great number of matches I would recommend. ZSJ vs. Hechicero probably complete my top 3 matches of the weekend but Luke Jacobs vs Michael Oku and the 10 Women Hardcore Match were also standout matches for the weekend. It’s also nice to see so many people attending a British Indy show. While you can’t do it every week having 4,000 attend a show main evented by two British guys who aren’t the biggest worldwide names is great and hope the card hopes to boost the reputations of many on the card to secure more booking (I already see Luke Jacobs is on his way to DPW for a show which is great news).

All in all a great weekend for wrestling. With companies like AEW and RevPro they do pride themselves on the bell to bell action being their strong point and I feel this weekend showed it. My only gripe which pertains to the future for AEW is that All Out is so close and doesn’t allow it a real time to build that PPV. Anyway hopefully I can do the same next year and can get tickets to Forbidden Door 2025 but we shall see. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Inazuma Eleven Football Manager Simulator - Game Idea Concept

Inazuma International Team Selection - Australia

Does Impact Wrestling have a problem with keeping and showcasing talent?