Playstation Spider-Man How Could Some Characters Be Added

With Spider-Man two now set for an October 2023 release for Playstation 5 it will get people myself thinking about what characters will be added to the mythos of past games. While I looked at this years ago here I wanted to have another look now we have an idea of the story and we know that we will see Venom, Lizard & Kraven the Hunter as well as Yuri becomming Wraith but beyond the identity of Venom (my money is still on Harry Osborn) I do think some big reveals and surprises will be saved for launch. I want to go over a few character we could see introduced or at least teased for future released. 

Gwen Stacy/Spider-Gwen/Ghost-Spider
Starting off wit ha character I feel is very likely to be introduced. Spider-Gwen is a very popular character and one I feel has ton of spinoff potential. Considering the success of the Spiderverse films which the character is the secondary main character and Insomniac's tweet saying they never confirmed Gwen Stacy was dead in their universe (https://twitter.com/insomniacgames/status/1025526915384324096?s=20) I think we may see her in the game. I do think the main issues here is how the character would get her powers. What I think would happen is to take a page out of her comic power in which she wasn't bitten by a spider but was made of a symbiote (all be it one of sumbiote spiders). I could see a series of events where part of the Venom symbiote bonds to Gwen. Not enough to change her to Venom but into Spider-Gwen and you can go from there. I think if you did spin this off the idea of Wraith being her main villian or at least a key character in her story would be good with Wraith thinking the system is failing a Gwen's dad being the police captain (who they could have return to New York after the chaos of the last two games). 

Cindy Moon/Silk
A personal choice as I really like the origin/idea of the spider that bit Peter biting another person who gets same powers. This would need a major rework though, no spider pheromones, no Morlun or Totems I do not think this series should be a multiverse story do something different keep it all one reality. So with that in mind I have basically said idea is good but get rid of the rest. I think she could work being introduced but if you wanted to do a story in a different part of America you could use her but I'm not sure if that will be something that happens. I would however love to see Silk in this story.

The Clones
Ben Reilly, Kaine Parker, Shift, Selim and Mindspinner I will cover these all under one bubble. For Spider-Man 2? No way they appear except for some form of post credits scene that a cloning process has been started. The clone saga (I guess now sagas) while a controversial story I do think these are character we are likely to see especially with Miles gets another solo game as character connected to him are something which is lacking (give him his own arch enemy Marvel) so the three clones of him being part of his game would be something unless the clone saga took over Spider-Man 3 which I think is unlikely. Time will tell on this one it is something which will need a lot of story work but I think could be a big arc and something which may looked to be adapted. 

Tiana Toomes/Starling
Speaking of characters around Miles we have a recent comic introduction in Starling the granddaughter of The Vulture. If we get a Miles Morales 2 I think we will get Starling 100%. Introduced to be to Miles what Black Cat is to Peter I think it would be nice for Miles to have allies and characters which we can keep using around his story and flesh the world out. I would be interesting to see any combos and would give a Vulture a reason to be in a Miles game if you needed more villians. Outside of Gwen I can see her being the most lilely character listed here to be added, have her be inexperienced which leads to Kraven and his team using her to lure Miles into a trap and then develop their relationship more in Miles Morales' second game. 

Dmitri Smerdyakov/The Chameleon
The last character I want to talk about is the half brother of one of the key antagonists of this game in The Chameleon. If Kraven is in the game I have to imagine we will get at least a mention of Chameleon if not his inclusion in the game (or in the DLC campaign maybe). With Kraven being one of the key antagonists alongside Venom I expect we hear more about his history and family so it would be a good place to introduce Chameleon to the mythos even if he isn't seen.

All in all I think we will get a really fun game which will build on what we have seen in the previous two installments. I do wonder what is being kept back I feel we will get some big surprises in terms of characters and stories but we will see come October. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Inazuma Eleven Football Manager Simulator - Game Idea Concept

Inazuma International Team Selection - Australia

Does Impact Wrestling have a problem with keeping and showcasing talent?