Favourite Pokémon: Eeveelutions Ranked

When looking at Pokémon the series itself it doesn't have a more unique Pokémon than that of Eevee. While I normal Pokémon of not much note on its own, Eevee holds the unique evolution branch of having 8 unique evolutions all with different requirements. It adds to the overall world that such a Pokémon can change into many different forms I imagine everyone has a different ranking of their favourites and I will cover mine today. I will preface this by saying Eevee will be at the bottom. As it has been seen I prefer fully evolved Pokémon the majority of the time and this here is not any different. With that being said the list is as follows.

Number 8: Leafeon
Leafeon is always a Pokémon I was surprised did not come in during generation 1. While cut from Generation 2 to return for Generation 4 as a concept it always amazed me it didn't come in sooner. With Grass being a starter type I always thought it made sense to have the Fire, Water & Grass Eeveelutions all debut at the same time but I guess not. While I am glad that Leafeon made it in to Pokémon in the end I have it ranked bottom of the current Eeveelutions as of the time of writing. Maybe it's the tail and just how weird it looks or the one green hair on its head the design just looks odd to me. While I am happy it made I do prefer the beta design.

Number 7: Sylveon
The most recent Eeveelution is the next on the list. With a new type coming in for generation six and that being the Fairy type it made sense to have an Eeveelution to introduce this. The design fits the type and I like it more than Leafeon its design doesn't weird me out as much and the colour scheme works well. However, the bows are they part of its biology it is just weird. I just find it weird Eevee evolves to grow bows on its body it is just a very odd design choice.

Number 6: Flareon
One of the original trio in Flareon is next up. From here the designs get more streamlined and as such I like them more. Flareon's tail looks like a flame and I really like that reflecting its type is a nice touch. The red used for the body of Flareon looks really nice. The colour scheme of Flareon as a whole is really nice and works well, it's not bright and with the right shades used it looks really good to me and unlike the previous ones the design isn't too overbearing and is good in its simplicity.

Number 5: Glaceon
The Ice type Eeveelution introduced in generation four is next up. Much like Flareon I love its colour scheme but probably prefer this one, the Pokémon fully embraces the ice type. I really like that its design has something that looks like headwear. It's a cool design and the extra part of it really adds to it in a smart way it isn't like the bows of Sylveon this fits well on Glaceon and doesn't look out of place if anything it really helps reflect its part and adds to it.

Number 4: Vaporeon
As one of the original Eeveelutions it was important to have memorable designs to help this concept take off for future generations. Vaporeon as the water type stands out as having traits for both land and seas animals. I like its fin around its head its something not seen on any other Eeveelutions and it helps reflect its typing. I think this is one design that can help to explain its type. The extra features aren't too overbearing and the Pokémon looks better for the addition of the sea creature features.

Number 3: Umbreon
Generation 2 introduced another two Eeveelutions to help set up this complex evolution line into what it would be and created some of the strongest designs for Eeveelutions. With the dark type Umbreon the combination of black and yellow work really well. the yellow bands and rings are such a nice touch. The design is really smooth in terms are parts to it. If anything I have learned that I like the designs for Eeveelutions when they have less going on and Umbreon reflects that.

Number 2: Jolteon
The electric Eeveelution is an interesting one. I like the static spiky design of its fur like an electric current really reflects the type. The yellow and white combination works really well and makes a change between the black & yellow combination used for electric types. I found it interesting they went with Electric over Grass but I'm glad they did out of the original three Jolteon is my favourite by virtue of having the simplest design but also being able to stand out amongst the other electric type Pokémon.

Number 1: Espeon
In at number one is the psychic Eeveelution Espeon. The reason I love it so much is the simplicity in its design but it also holds the mysticism of psychic type. The lilac fur is a really nice choice and fits in its type. I love the gem on its forehead it is a small touch but one that shouldn't be understated it's the reverse of Leafeon the smallest of touches help reinforce and help the design instead of the overbearing bells and whistles the try to hammer home the typing. Espeon is a simple design that looks like it oozes power and for that it is my favourite Eeveelution.

The rounds up the list of Eeveelutions. Eevee as a Pokémon is one of the most fascinating when it comes to branching evolutions and you never know when they will add to it. With the next announcement for the Sword & Shield DLC coming out June 2nd we could see the ranking of Eeveelutions continue then but for the moment the most interesting branching evolutions for a Pokémon rank like this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Inazuma Eleven Football Manager Simulator - Game Idea Concept

Inazuma International Team Selection - Australia

Does Impact Wrestling have a problem with keeping and showcasing talent?